Monday, August 8, 2011

A Place to Start!


Hello everyone!
I am a die-hard US Men's National Team fan, and a huge soccer fan as a whole!
So, today I decided to start a blog to talk about my favorite thing, soccer!
Being a soccer fan in the United States has not always been easy, however soccer in the USA is on the rise at the moment and is becoming more popular day by day.
This past weekend, I attended Lollapalooza, a Music Festival in Chicago. Everyday I attended, I saw thousands of soccer jerseys! Everyday, I saw hundreds of USA National Team jerseys and MLS Jerseys. Seeing all of these fans representing their favorite USA Teams was amazing!
However, the icing on top of the cake for me, was this past Saturday night. On Saturday, I wore a USA Jozy Altidore jersey, and as I was walking back from the Eminem concert at Lollapalooza, on Saturday night, I was surrounded by chants of "Altidore! Altidore! Altidore!" However, they didn't stop there, the fans proceeded to chant. Only This time they chanted, "Jooo.... Jozy, ooh, ahh, I wanna knooow will you score a goal? Landon.... Landon Donovan oooh ahh I wanna knooow that we'll destroy Mexico!"
Hopefully, these fellow USA fans are right, and Landon will help usher the USMNT into the first win of the Klinsmann era of USA Soccer. (We'll know on Wednesday)

Secondly, today was a bit of a shock in the USA Soccer world as former USA National Team coach, Bob Bradley was offered the coaching job of the Egyptian National Team. Apparently, Bob has been on the Egyptian federation's radar ever since the USA shocked the soccer world by beating the African Champions, Egypt 3-0 in the 2009 Confederations Cup.
Do you think Egypt would be a good fit for Bob Bradley? Please leave your thoughts below.

Well, that is all for now on the first post of USA Soccer Thoughts!
Come back soon!

Follow me on twitter @MKDovellos for more soccer thoughts and commentary!


No comments:

Post a Comment